A personal taxation service providing expert UK tax advice by Matthew S Manderson CTA ATT AMIT

P85 - Leaving the United KingdomP85

This IR P85 tax form is used by people leaving the UK. It is used to notify HMRC that you are leaving and the tax basis on which you are leaving.

The official page for this form is on the HMRC website below:

P85 P85(s)

Given the unstable HMRC 'rules' on UK non-residency you should take advice on completing this form to ensure that the entries support your intended basis for non-residency. In addition you need advice on the factors that HMRC will use to determine themselves if you really are or not UK resident. Day counting is no longer sufficient.

The P85(s) form is a shorter version of the form but the same care is needed. This shorter version is only applicable to people who are not UK citizens and who came to work in the UK for a work assignment.

If you need advice about your UK taxation problems today just click to contact for immediate attention - don't delay!

HMRC 2008 Self Assessment Tax Return for individuals
Online Filing Included
    Easy to pay online with Google Checkout...
    If you think I can't help you try something else?

Main sections:

Tax news:

Let me, Matthew S Manderson CTA ATT AMIT complete your annual UK tax return this year. You will enjoy the security of an expert qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) solving your tax problems at value for money.

1995 - 2011 Matthew S Manderson CTA ATT AMIT